Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Apple Dessert

If you love apple pie then you will love this treat! 

I never used to be an apple pie fan but lately I have been wanting everything apples for WHATEVER reason- apple pie, apple turnovers, carmel apples, etc! So when I found this recipe on pinterest I was of course already drooling and decided to try it out.

AND it turned out so well I'll even share with all of you!


Ok so the recipe on Pinterest was for 4 apples so I in turn DOUBLED the recipe 

Ingredients:
-2 bags of Granny Smith apples (on average 11 or 12)
-store bought pie crust 
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 Tbsp brown sugar
-1 Tsp cinnamon


Apple Filling:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut the top off of 8 apples and remove inside with a spoon. Make sure your very careful and dont puncture the peel! {this may take some practice to get a steady pace}
3. With additional apples remove skin and slice very thinly as these pieces will be the filling.
4. Place apple slices in a bowl and mix with sugars and cinnamon. Scoop mixture evenly into each hollowed apple.


Crust:

1. Roll out pie crust and slice into thin 1/4 in strips. 
2. Cover top of apple in lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
3. Place apples in pan and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 min.
4. Remove foil and bake for additional 20 min or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft {I had a hard time getting my crust golden brown I had to let it sit in the oven for a little extra longer}

Serve with some vanilla ice cream & makes for a GREAT dessert mmmmmmm :)



No comments:

Post a Comment